About the Association of Police and Court Interpreters
The APCI is a professional association of qualified and experienced interpreters
working within the Criminal Justice System which represents members interests
to work providers and government.
What do we do?
- We meet regularly with the Courts Service and the Tribunals Service
- Our Court Liaison Team advises Crown and Magistrates Courts on the
implementation of the Terms and Conditions and negotiates with them on behalf of
- We are involved in regular consultation with the Association of Chief Police
Officers, Metropolitan Police Service and Cambridgeshire Constabulary and others
regarding the use of interpreters and fees
- We hold Guest Lectures on subjects of interest
Why should you join?
- You will benefit from the prestige of belonging to an Association whose members
are amongst the most experienced, qualified and highly vetted interpreters
available in the CJS
- In order to assist work providers in finding interpreters we publish our
members’ contact details through;
- Publication of our Membership Directory
- The Interpreter Search facility here on the website
- Our call centre, known as APCI Response, which is used by Courts, police and other work providers to contact interpreters.
- You will have access to news, developments and other colleagues for help and
- You will benefit from assistance in the case of any problem with payment or any
other difficulty with the authorities