Membership enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for Admission
Membership of the Association is not conferred lightly, and should be seen as a
stepping stone in the already successful career of an interpreter with
considerable experience as both a linguist and a practitioner in the Criminal
These are our minimum criteria for new applicants:
- Evidence of initial interpreter training, e.g. Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI) or Diploma in Police Interpreting (DPI) (previously the Metropolitan Police Test)
- NRPSI registration with either Full or Rare Language status
- Three years' experience as an interpreter within the CJS
- Four hundred hours' proven experience (one hundred hours for Rare Languages)
- High standard of conduct in the field with a solid ethical
- A work history clean of proven complaints within the CJS field
- Recommendation of competence and good practice from two
- For MPS-listed interpreters, a reference which must be 'clean'
Once the documentation is complete, we invite applicants to an interview.
The current subscription is £100 per annum. This becomes payable on 1 January in each year, irrespective of the month of joining. New members are required to pay £100 for the remainder of the calendar year in which their application is approved. As a concession, the policy of the present Committee is to waive subscriptions until the following 1 January for new members whose application is approved on or after 1 September in each year.
Membership Application Form
Click here to access the application form in PDF format
You will need to have
Acrobat Reader installed to read the form.
Please print out the form, fill it in by hand and send it to our Pepper Street address (at the end of the form) together with the supporting documentation required.